Labels NYAN!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chapter 3 quotes

I believe that on the first night I went to Gatsby's house I was one of the few guests who had actually been invited. People were not invited - they went there.
chapter 3
this shows how important gatsby and how popular his parties are

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library.
Chapter 3.
Nonsense to show how they think that scholars get drunk but their minds sober them up

It's a triumph. What thoroughness! What realism! Knew when to stop, too - didn't cut the pages. But what do you want? What do you expect?
Chapter 3.
This quote shows Nick judging again.

It takes two to make an accident.
Chapter 3.
this is true Nick says it to Jordan

I belong to another generation....You sit...and discuss your sports and your young ladies....As for me, I am fifty years old, and I won't impose myself on you any longer.
Chapter 4.
This is to show the difference between old money and new money

No comments:

Post a Comment